I wrote yesterday about my coding during these holidays. Everything is working as expected and pretty smoothly. There is a vast space for optimization, but I am okay with it for the time being.
Today, I looked at my code before committing it to my private repository. I was not happy. Parsing an Excel file row by row and validating every single column is a stupid exercise. At least, it is a silly exercise for me.
After ingesting the data, I played with my database using pandas and Numpy. Great tools, by the way.
And then I realized how bad I was when I was writing that code.
I realized I should have used pandas from the very beginning.
Something like 500 hundred lines of code turned into 30 lines or so.
I’m getting too old for this, I guess.